I was quite excited and honored to find out a couple of weeks ago that I was nominated for the Sunshine Award by the wonderful blogess, Mummy Flying Solo! sure to check out her blog, her positive attitude in her posts are contagious and her humor and insight will leave you hooked.
This award like the other two I have received so far (The Liebster Award and The WordPress Family Award) are technically chain letters without the gloom and doom of bad luck if you do not respond. I personally love the opportunity to participate in these as I enjoy sharing the blogs that I read and love. So without further ado, The Sunshine Award.
To accept this award, one must:
1. Link back to the blogger that nominated you
2. Tell 11 Facts about yourself
3. Nominate 10 blogs that you feel should get the Sunshine Award
11 Facts About Me:
1. I had this whole post written, and saved it numerous times (pretty much every other sentence), only to have WordPress lose it somewhere in the cosmos. So this is my second time writing this post. And it is midnight, so I am truly burning the midnight oil now. Thank you WordPress, I not so silently hate you right now!
2. I had never left my home country of the USA until we moved to Asia in 2006.
3. I was a cocktail server in Las Vegas for 2 years.
4. I was a hard core atheist, to the point of strongly disliking anyone that called themselves Christian, until I became on in 2006. God has a plan for me I guess. 🙂
5. Air conditioning makes my ears hurt, to the point of giving me a migraine.
6. Despite starting and stopping college numerous times, I still do not have a degree. This is one of my most embarrassing and disappointing things about me.
7. I was homeschooled since second grade, and graduated when I was 15 years old with a 4.0 GPA.
8. My favorite band of all times is The Beatles, I have read over 60 books about them and listened to them non-stop in my teens. I also totally ruined them for my parents at the time as well, Sorry Mom and Dad!
9. I have rather large feet, size 11 (US sizes, 43 in European) and find it almost impossible to find shoes outside the United States.
10. I love to sing Karaoke.
11. I hate to wear my glasses ( I am near-sighted) because seeing the frames in my peripheral vision makes me feel claustrophobic. On the flip side, I have to wear sunglasses outside because my retinas are white and the light is so intense that I get really bad headaches.
10 Blogs that I would like to pass the Sunshine Award along to:
I decided that I was going to nominate blogs that I have not nominated before, I love all the blogs that I follow and read and very much wish I could nominate everyone. This decision made it a bit easier for me to complete this part of the award.
**To all the bloggers that I am nominating, do not feel that you need to accept or participate, just know that I love reading your posts and look forward to them every week!
7. Barb Taub
10. A Wee Nest
Thank you again to Mummy Flying Solo for the nomination! Now I am off to bed, I am afraid that I will be seeing the sunshine sooner than I would like. Happy dreams everyone.