Katie at Views From The Step Stool kindly nominated me for a Liebster Award almost a month ago and I finally have gotten a free day to participate. Make sure to check out Katie’s blog as she always has great posts about fun and educational things to do with kids. Even if you do not have kids of your own yet, many of the projects are fun to try out on your own.
Here are the rules for the Liebster Award:
1. Each person who is nominated must post 11 things about themselves.
2. You must also answer the questions that the tagger set for you in addition to creating 11 questions for the people you nominate to answer.
3. Nominate 5 – 11 of your favorite bloggers and link them in your post.
4. Go to your nominees’ pages and tell them.
5. Thank and link back to the person’s blog who nominated you.
I received the Liebster award once before , so I am changing the rules a little on this one. I am only going to give 5 facts about myself and nominate 5 bloggers. Also, I am going to answer the questions that Katie posed to me and pass them on to the 5 people who I nominate because I think they are pretty darn good ones. Also, for those that I nominate, please don’t feel that you have to participate, I just hope that more people will read and follow your blogs and love them like I do. And if you feel like joining in the fun, all the better!
So without further ado:
5 Things About Me
- I always thought that I was 5 feet 10 inches tall, but found out recently that I am 5’9″. So either I shrunk, or I was measured wrong since I was 12 years old. I prefer to think that I was measured wrong. Shrinking already?! I’m not even 35 yet!
- I get caught up on authors. When I love one book by an author (for example, Dean Koontz), I have to read them all. This goes for genres as well, which brings me to my next fact…
- I am a Beatles’ fanatic, or I was when I was a teenager at least. I read every book I could get my hands on about them, which amounted to over 60 books.
- This is the first time in 14 years that I have let my hair be its natural color, you can read more about that in these posts (1 & 2).
- I love marshmallows, but only if they are either frozen or stale. Something about the sweet chewy texture is so delicious to me.
Now for the Question and Answer portion of our show… err, my post:
1. How do you decide what to write about?
Usually I write about what we have been doing in our travels at the moment. On Monday, I show with pictures where we have been the past week in my Monday Montage. On Wednesday’s I write about how we are doing or miscellaneous posts (like award posts!). On Friday I write about the places we have traveled recently, like my post about Railay Beach last week. Sometimes I throw in some product and restaurant reviews when I find something I really love.
2. What inspired your blog name?
Well, there are three of us, myself, Chad, and Zoë. When I was thinking of a name for our blog I kept singing that song that goes, “one for the money, two for the show, three to get ready, and four to go.” Four to go didn’t work, since obviously there are three of us, so I just tweaked it a little and decided on And Three To Go. It was one of those things that I figured it must be right because I couldn’t get it out of my head.
3. What was the best present ever given to you?
My daughter gave me a ceramic orange (like the fruit) that she painted for Christmas last year. That orange has continued on with us on our travels, I love it. Okay, I have to say one more, my lovely husband gave me a MacBook Air this year, which is pretty darn awesome too.
4. Where is the most beautiful place you have ever been?
Portugal, all of it. Thailand beaches. Budapest’s beautiful buildings. Sorry, I just couldn’t choose just one.
5. What is the best job you’ve ever had?
Being a wife, mom, traveler, and blogger.
6. Where would you like to vacation next?
South America is high on my list, and if we are in the summer months I would like to travel through Northern Europe.
7. Favorite social media platform?
Facebook, but in limited doses right now.
8. What is something as a parent that you do/will do different from your parents did?
We have chosen to have only one child, whereas both Chad and I’s parents had many children. Chad is the oldest of 7 and I am the oldest of 4. We have many reasons why, but there is no reason to go off on that tangent right now.
9. What is your favorite family tradition?
I like Zoës’ bedtime in our house. The cuddles, the stories, and the togetherness. I cherish them.
10. What is your favorite Disney movie/character?
Beauty and the Beast, and Belle.
11. What is your favorite blog post you have written?
This one is the most embarrassing post I have ever written, but I also laughed the whole time I was writing it. I really do believe that it is best to be honest about the trials and triumphs of traveling with a toddler, so this one is definitely my favorite.
Now for my nominees:
Jennifer at Expat Lingo
Lani at Life, The Universe, And Lani
Anna at Four Kids, One Mom Travel London
Ashley at This Heart…
Tarynn at Mama By Fire
Thank you again to Katie at Views From The Step Stool for nominating me for this! It was fun and I hope that you all will check out her blog.
Even if I didn’t include your name on the list, feel free to answer the questions, whether you have a blog or not! Answer any of these questions in the comments section and join in the fun!
27 comments for “Wednesday Write-Up: Liebster Award #2”